Hello, my name is Christine Bernat, and I developed this site so that educational technology can be better utilized by people for individual purposes. It is a companion site to my book Individualized Learning with Technology – Meeting the Needs of High School Students. My book states how individualized learning can begin in high school and continue throughout life.
Use this site if:
* You’re an educator wishing to find apps to meet the needs of your students. Don’t just use any common apps, find them yourself according to your own criteria.
* You’re an adult looking to advance in your career or goals for the future. There are applications available for every learner. It’s just a matter of finding the right ones for you – in the content area and level that you desire.
* You’re a business determined to tap the undeveloped potential of your employees. Find the apps that can best address your strategic business needs.
This site can benefit everyone. Don’t just choose apps that land on top of a search engine list, find the ones most appropriate for you. For extra guidance, follow the principles outlined in my book to help determine a selection of apps.
Find apps to:
* Introduce new knowledge. On-line courses/curriculum can provide all that is required for learning. Use these apps to receive content presentation, learning practice, and assessment. Badges and certificates are often available after completion.
* Practice needed skills. Additional practice can benefit any discipline. Use these apps to brush up on needed skills or supplement other learning. For example, often all that is required to be successful on many examinations, such as the GED or ACT/SAT, is targeted practice.
* Enhance engagement and motivation. Everyone knows that learning is not motivating when it isn’t fun. Use engagement apps to ignite a spark and enjoyment for learning. Once an interest has been gained in a content area, a learning path can be determined to help achieve in that area.
* Engage in STEM and STEAM. Gaining experience in the latest tech tools is a must for everyone. Use these apps to learn robotics and coding at any level of expertise. Also use them to utilize modern media and presentation tools to work with learning content in cutting-edge ways.
* And More….
Now, you can begin the individualized learning path by finding the right apps for you on the Ed Tech Inventory.
Eager to get started learning through life? Order Individualized Learning with Technology.